This Level 2 Food Safety in Catering course will provide your employees with knowledge of basic food hygiene practices that are essential in the catering industry. It will give them a thorough understanding of how to control common food safety risks. As a result, they will gain confidence and expertise to deliver quality food to your customers.
- Understanding food safety law and regulations.
- The role of enforcement officers and local
- Possible consequences of non-compliance with
- Why food safety is vital within the catering
- The consequences of poor standards of food
- The benefits of good food safety practices.
- The use of a documented food safety
- How to maintain high levels of personal hygiene.
- The risk food handlers impose on food safety.
- The different food safety hazards and how to
- Understanding, taking, and recording of
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods.
- Cooking, hot holding, and re-heating of foods.
- Principles of safe food storage and how to apply
- Stock control procedures.
- The importance of cleaning food premises
and cleaning schedules.
- Effective cleaning methods to ensure premises
and equipment is always kept in clean working
- Acceptable methods of storing and disposing of
- How to identify, prevent and control pests.
- Essential first aid equipment requirements for food premises.
- Equipment standards are required in food safety.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone who handles, prepares, or cooks food and is working in a catering environment. It is suitable for employees working in establishments such as hotels, restaurants, pubs and bars, cafes, takeaways, schools and colleges, residential care homes, and hospitals. It is also suitable for those providing services to catering premises such as maintenance engineers, cleaners, pest-control operators, and delivery staff.
Candidates are not required to have any prior knowledge or qualifications in food safety to enable them to attend this course. However, it is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent to undertake this qualification.
Candidates should be aged 14 or above.
Essential qualification for all Food Handlers.